AQ Cutting Mat Required:Â GO! Cutting Mat, 10 in. x 24 in. 2 Pack (25.4 cm x 61 cm) Item 255113
How to Die Cut Log Cabin Quilt Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. For three complete 2-color blocks, cut three layers of twoÂ different fabric colors at a time.
- Cut 23" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 6 1/2" widths. Place on selected blades and cut. Cut five block sets across width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts six block sets.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Log Cabin Die:
- Log Cabin is a Block on BoardÂ® (BOBÂ®) die which means itâ€™s specially designed to cut three complete 2-color, 12" blocks in one pass through the cutter.Â
- No measuring! No templates! Log Cabin includes 12 strips (logs) in a unique configuration that can be time-consuming to cut by hand.Â
- Log Cabin includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy piecing.Â
- This die will make 5", 6", 7", 8", 9", 10", 11" and 12" finished Log Cabin blocks.Â
- Log Cabin includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.Â
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.Â
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.Â
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.Â
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle.Â Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.Â
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.Â
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.