Half squares, triangles, squares, who knew geometry would be this much fun! The GO! Half Square-8" Finished Triangle die cleanly cuts through multiple fabric layers. Two half square triangles sewn together form a perfect 8" finished square. Design your own quilt or use with GO! Square-8 1/2" (8" Finished) (55058) and GO! Quarter Square-8" Finished Triangle (55399) for quick and easy large-scale pieced quilts.
View theÂ GO! Mix & Match Quilt Block Collection ChartÂ which shows how the GO! Hip to Be Square dies can be combined together and with existing GO! dies to create classic 6", 8", 9" or 12" 4-patch and 9-patch blocks.
AQ Cutting Mat Required:Â GO! Cutting Mat, 10 in. x 24 in. 2 Pack (25.4 cm x 61 cm) Item 255113
How to Die Cut 8" Finished Half Square Triangles:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.Â
- Cut a 18 1/4" strip across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 9 3/8" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 16 half square triangles across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 16 half square triangles.Â
Why Quilters Love the GO! 8" FinishedÂ Half Square Triangle Die:Â
HST Tips:Â Two 8" finished half square triangles sewn together form an 8" finished square.
- Half square triangles (or HSTs) are one of the top building blocks in quilting. The number of ways you can use them is endless and they are included in thousands of quilting patterns. With AccuQuilt, quilters have no more worries about cutting half square triangles correctly.Â
- The GO! Half Square Triangle-8" Finished Square die is the perfect size to cut your own half square triangles with your favorite fabrics or out of fabric pieces from your stash.Â
- GO! Half Square Triangle-8" Finished Square includes 1/4" seam allowances and dog-eared corners for easy alignment and piecing.Â
- Cut half square triangles out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, CuddleÂ® fabrics and more!Â
- A great way to use up scraps.Â
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.Â
- Layer Cake and Fat Quarter-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.Â
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.Â
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.Â
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle.Â Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.Â
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.Â
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.Â