Mix and match AccuQuilt's Quilt Block shapes to create traditional patchwork blocks, or design your own. You'll use Quilt Block dies, which come in three sizes, over and over again to pre-cut pieces for your favorite quilt patterns.
AQ Cutting Mat Required: Cutting Plastic, 10 in. x 12 in. (25.4 cm x 30.5 cm) Item 60002
- Compatible with the Studio 2 Fabric Cutter (50450)
- Recommended Cutting Plastic: Long Cut 5" x 15" (60001) (not included)
- Die Board Size: Long Cut 5" x 12"
- Cut Size: One 5 1/2" (14 cm) Half Square Triangle
- Finished Size: One 5" (12.7 cm) Half Square Triangle
- Coordinates with 10" Block Mix & Match pieces
- Dog-eared corners
- Start by cutting 7" strips into your fabric
- Then fan fold the fabric into 8" widths and cut 6 triangles across the width of the fabric, turn die and cut 6 more triangles to make 12 triangles across the width of the fabric
- You can make 60 triangles out of 1 yard of fabric
- Download the Free Studio Mix & Match Block Patterns showing the 36 block ideas.
Storage: Store Studio dies with the Wire Storage Rack (50832) or Studio Die Storage Rack (50801).
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting plastic that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.