Put a bird on it! Make any project a little more fun and whimsical with this collection of cute birds. The GO! Birds die features sharp yet ultra-safe blades that precisely cut three different birds and two wing styles. Birds are a favorite appliquÃ© motif for quilters. You'll love adding them to clothing, gift tags, home decor and more. Want to make a quick applique? Simply apply fusible web to the wrong side of fabrics prior to cutting for quick and you're set!
AQ Cutting Mat Required:Â GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 12 in. 2 Pack (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm) Item 255112
How to Die Cut Bird Shapes:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturerâ€™s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliquÃ©.
- Wide Bird:Â Cut and fuse 4" x 5" rectangles. Cut 8 birds across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 72 birds.Â
- Pointed Tail Bird:Â Cut and fuse 3 1/4" x 5 7/8" rectangles. Cut 6 birds across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 66 birds.Â
- Rounded Tail Bird:Â Cut and fuse 3 1/2" x 5 3/4" rectangles. Cut 6 birds across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 60 birds.Â
- Wing:Â Cut and fuse 1 3/4" x 2 1/8" rectangles. Cut 18 wings across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 360 wings.Â
- Wing:Â Cut and fuse 1 1/2" x 2 3/8" rectangles. Cut 16 wings across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 384 wings.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Birds Die:
- Make any project a little more fun and whimsical with this collection of cute birds, a favorite appliquÃ© motif for quilters. Youâ€™ll love adding them to apparel, home decor, quilts and more.Â
- No templates required. The GO! Birds die includes five applique shapes that are typically difficult to cut by hand.Â
- Great value! Get multiple bird sizes for the price of one GO! Birds die.Â
- Quickly and easily cut four of each pre-fused applique shape in one pass thru the cutter (fusible counts as one half layer of fabric).Â
- Cut bird shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, CuddleÂ® fabrics and more!Â
- A great way to use up scraps.Â
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Charm Pack-friendly
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.Â
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.Â
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.Â
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle.Â Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.Â
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.Â
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.Â