The GO! Chimney Sweep 10â€ finished lets you play with color and use up fabric scraps. This Block on Board (BOB) die cuts one 2-color 10â€ block in one pass through your AccuQuilt fabric cutter. You donâ€™t even need a template or special ruler. Handy piecing features and step-by-step sewing instructions make this fat-quarterly friendly die great for beginning quilters.
AQ Cutting Mat Required:Â GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 12 in. 2 Pack (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm) Item 255112
How to Die Cut 2-Color Chimney Sweep Quilt Blocks:Â
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Trip: This die is specially designed to cut one 2-color, 10â€ block in one pass through the cutter.
- Fabric Color 1:Â Cut one 6 3/8â€ x 2 3/4â€ rectangle and place over shape A. Cut two 2 3/4â€ x 2 3/4â€ squares and place over shape C. Cut six 3 1/8â€ x 3 1/8â€ squares and place over shape D. Cut four 2 3/4â€ x 1 7/8â€ rectangles and place over shape E.
- Fabric Color 2:Â Cut two 6 3/8â€ x 2 3/4â€ rectangles and place over shape A. Cut six 4 1/2â€ x 2 3/4â€ rectangles and place over shape B. Cut two 2 3/4â€ x 2 3/4â€ squares and place over shape C.Â Â
Why Quilters Love the GO! Chimney Sweep Die. Â
- Chimney Sweep is a Block on BoardÂ® (BOBÂ®) die which means itâ€™s specially designed to cut one 2-color, 10â€ block in one pass through the cutter.
- No templates! No special rulers! Chimney Sweep includes 5 basic shapes that can be time-consuming to cut by hand. Perfect for beginners ready for their next challenge.
- Chimney Sweep features specialized dog-ears and includes 1/4â€ seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Chimney Sweep includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Packaging includes step-by-step sewing instructions to make constructing the block easy.Â Plus, a free pattern to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendlyÂ
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.Â
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.Â
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting mats that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.