Basic sewing skills are all you need to make this impressive block, once reserved for only the most experienced quilters. There’s no tedious cutting or templates required to make this shining block with the innovative design of the Block on Board (BOB) die.
Cut Size: Square (A): 5-5/8" x 5-5/8", Square (B): 4-3/4" x 4-3/4", QST (C): 8-1/8" x 4-3/8", HST (D): 3-1/8" x 3-1/8", Square (E) 1-3/4" x 1-3/4", Diamonds (F) 3-1/2" x 1-7/8", QST (G) 2-1/4" x 1-3/8", Square (H) 1-7/8" x 1-7/8", HST (I) 1-7/8" x 1-7/8".
Finished Size: 16" Finished Block (40.6 cm).
Die Board Size: 10 in. x 24 in. (25.4 cm x 61 cm)
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 10 in. x 24 in. 2 Pack (25.4 cm x 61 cm) Item 55205
How to Die Cut 3-Color Feather Star Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is specially designed to cut one complete 3-color 16" block in one pass through the cutter.
Fabric Color 1:
- Cut one 6 5/8" x 6" rectangle. Place right side up over shape A to cut.
- Cut four 3 7/8" squares. Place right side up over shapes D to cut.
- Cut four 6 1/2" x 4 1/2" rectangles, fanfolded in half. Place right side up over shapes F to cut.
Fabric Color 2:
- Cut four 5 1/4" squares. Place right side up over shape B to cut.
- Cut four 8 5/8" x 4 3/4" rectangles. Place right side up over shape C to cut.
- Cut three 6 1/2" x 3 1/2" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes G to cut.
- Cut four 4 7/8" x 2 5/8" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes I to cut.
Fabric Color 3:
- Cut four 2 1/4" x 4" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes H and E to cut.
- Cut two 6 1/2" x 3 1/2" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes G to cut.
- Cut two 4 7/8" x 2 5/8" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes I to cut
Why Quilters Love the GO! Feather Star Die:
- Feather Star is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut one 3-color, 16" block in one pass through the cutter.
- No templates! No special rulers! Feather Star includes 21 shapes that can be time-consuming and difficult to cut by hand.
- Feather Star features specialized dog-ears and ¼" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Feather Star includes screen-printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly
- Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt® software, you can use it to create your own Feather Star designs from their block library and cut your fabric
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.