Here’s an easy way to make a classic block that’s like a breath of spring air. This die makes it simple to create a stunning 8” finished block that will bloom all year long.
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 24 in. (15.2 cm x 61 cm)
How to Die Cut 5-Color Full Blown Tulip Block:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is specially designed to cut one complete 5 color 8" finished block in one pass through the cutter.
- Fabric Color 1: Cut A and AR shapes together. Cut two 3 3/4" x 4 1/4" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes A and AR to cut two of each shape.
- Fabric Color 2: Cut A and AR shapes together. Cut two 3 3/4" x 4 1/4" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes A and AR to cut two of each shape.
- Fabric Color 3: Cut two 5 3/4" x 11" rectangles. Fanfold into four layers and place over shapes B to cut four mirrored B rectangle sets (8 total shapes).
- Fabric Color 4: Cut four 4 3/4" x 3" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes C to cut four mirrored C triangle sets (8 total shapes). Note: Shapes face each other on the die board so do not fanfold fabric.
- Fabric Color 5: Cut two 2 3/4" x 6" rectangles. Fanfold into four layers and place over shapes D to cut four mirrored D triangle sets (8 total shapes).
Why Quilters Love the GO! Full Blown Tulip Die:
- Full Blown Tulip is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut one 5-color, 8" finished block in one pass through the cutter.
- Coordinates with: GO! Qube Mix & Match 8" Block (55776), GO! Setting Triangles-8" Finished (55551), GO! Square-8½" (8" Finished) (55058) and any GO! Block on Board ® dies that finish at 8" such as GO! Hattie’s Choice-8" Finished (55220).
- No Y seams! Designed for all skill levels. Full Blown Tulip includes 8 shapes that are difficult to cut by hand.
- Full Blown Tulip features specialized dog-ears and ¼" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Full Blown Tulip includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly
- Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt® software, you can use it to create your own Full Blown Tulip designs from their block library and cut your fabric.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.