This Block on Board die will point the way to your next quilting challenge. You’ll love how specialized dog ears and notches make assembling this complicated block so much easier than you ever imagined!
Use the FREE GO! Mariner's Compass-12" Finished Embroidery Designs($10 value) download available to finish your project. Each shape includes motif, blanket and satin stitches. The FREE download will automatically be added to your shopping cart with the purchase of the GO! Mariner's Compass-12" Finished Die.
Weight in lbs.: 1.6
Cut Size: Cut size dimensions not included due to non-standard shapes.
Finished Size: 12" Finished Block (30.5 cm).
Die Board Size: 10 in. x 24 in. (25.4 cm x 61 cm)
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 10 in. x 24 in. 2 Pack (25.4 cm x 61 cm) Item 55205
How to Die Cut 5-Color Mariner’s Compass Quilt Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is specially designed to cut one complete 5-color 12" block in one pass through the cutter.
- Fabric Color 1: Cut four 3-1/4" x 6" rectangles. Place right side up over shape A to cut.
- Fabric Color 2: Cut four 5-1/8" x 4-1/4" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes C and G to cut.
- Fabric Color 3: Cut four 4-3/8" squares. Place right side up over shape E to cut.
- Fabric Color 4: Cut four 7" x 8-3/4" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes B, D, F, H, I and J to cut.
- Fabric Color 5: Cut four 7-1/2" x 7" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes K and L to cut.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Mariner’s Compass Die:
- Mariner’s Compass is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut one complete 5-color, 12" block in one pass through the cutter.
- No templates! No special rulers! Mariner’s Compass includes 12 shapes that are difficult to cut by hand.
- Mariner’s Compass features specialized dog-ears, ¼" seam allowances and notches for easy alignment and piecing.
- Mariner’s Compass includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Fat Quarter-friendly
- Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt® software, you can use it to create your own Mariner’s Compass designs from their block library and cut your fabric.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.