Make all your "geese" for a Flying Geese quilt in seconds with the GO! Quarter Square 4" Finished Triangle. They measure 4" by 2" and are perfect when used in conjunction with the Half Square-2" Finished Triangle on the GO! Value Die (55018) or GO! Half Square-2" Finished Triangle (55063). This die will help you turn fabric into traditional blocks like Dutchman's Puzzle and Carpenter's Wheel and form the star points of several star block designs like North Star and Diamond Star.
AQ Cutting Mat Required:Â GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 12 in. 2 Pack (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm) Item 255112
How to Die Cut 4" Finished Quarter Square Triangles:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.Â
- Cut a 10 3/4" strip across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 3" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 39 quarter square triangles across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 117 quarter square triangles.
Why Quilters Love the GO! 4" FinishedÂ Quarter Square Triangle Die:
QST Tips:Â Four 4" finished quarter square triangles sewn together form a 4" finished square. Two GO! Half Square Triangle-2" Finished Squares (55063, 55776, 55018) sewn on either side of GO! Quarter Square Triangle-4" Finished Square form a 4" x 2" finished flying geese unit.
- Quarter square triangles (or QSTs) are one of the top building blocks in quilting. The number of ways you can use them is endless and they are included in thousands of quilting patterns. With AccuQuilt, quilters have no more worries about cutting quarter square triangles correctly.Â
- The GO! Quarter Square Triangle-4" Finished Square die is the perfect size to cut your own quarter square triangles with your favorite fabrics or out of fabric pieces from your stash.Â
- GO! Quarter Square Triangle-4" Finished Square includes 1/4" seam allowances and dog-eared corners for easy alignment and piecing.Â
- Cut quarter square triangles out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, CuddleÂ® fabrics and more!Â
- A great way to use up scraps.Â
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.Â
- Layer Cake and Fat Quarter-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.Â
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.Â
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.Â
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle.Â Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.Â
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.Â
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.Â
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.