Triangles and squares are the start of many a great quilt design. Lucky for you, the GO! Quarter Square Triangle-4" Finished Square includes both. This die lets you cut four perfect triangles that sew together to create a 4" finished square. Specially designed corners mean you don't have to worry about dog ears and 1/4" seam allowances are built in to add convenience. Your quilt will be easy to align and smooth once sewn together. Use this die with your AccuQuilt Fabric Cutter. It's compatible with the GO! Baby, GO!, GO! Big and even the Studio with adapter. The cutters make quick, precise cuts and move smoothly through up to six fabric layers at once. This means you'll have a stack of quarter square triangles at-the-ready so you can get to assembling and sewing your quilt faster. This die is sold individually and can also be found in the GO! Qube Mix & Match 8" Block.
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 6 in. 2 Pack (15.2 cm x 15.2 cm) Item 55139
How to Die Cut 4" Finished Quarter Square Triangles:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- Cut a 5 3/4" strip across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 5 3/4" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 24 Quarter Square Triangles squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 144 triangles.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Quarter Square Triangle-4" Finished Die:
- The GO! Quarter Square Triangle-4" Finished die is the perfect size to cut your own rectangles with your favorite fabrics or out of fabric pieces from your stash.
- GO! Quarter Square Triangle-4" Finished Die includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Cut quarter square triangles out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Use with GO! Half Square Triangle-2" Finished Square (55712) to make 2" x 4" Flying Geese.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.