Rectangles are a basic building block in quilting. A simple shape that is a favorite with all quilting skill levels because theyâ€™re easy to arrange and sew. The number of ways you can use them is endless and they are included in thousands of quilting patterns.
The GO! Rectangle-2 3/4" x 5" die is the perfect size to cut your own rectangles with your favorite fabrics or out of fabric pieces from your stash.Â
AQ Cutting Mat Required:Â GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 12 in. 2 Pack (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm) Item 255112
How to Die Cut 2 3/4" x 5" Rectangles:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.Â
- Cut a 10 1/2" strip across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 3 1/4" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 24 rectangles across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 72 rectangles.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Rectangle-2 3/4" x 5" Die:Â
Tip:Â Two 2 3/4" x 5" rectangles sewn together form a 4Â½" finished square.
- GO! Rectangle-2 3/4" x 5" includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.Â
- Cut rectangles out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, CuddleÂ® fabrics and more!Â
- A great way to use up scraps.Â
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.Â
- Layer Cake and Fat Quarter-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.Â
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.Â
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.Â
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle.Â Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.Â
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.Â
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.Â
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.