The easiest way to personalize a quilt and transform it into a treasured keepsake gift is to add one or more signature blocks. For an easy way to do that, choose the GO! Signature Block-6" Finished Square die. Use this die with your AccuQuilt GO! or GO! Big Fabric Cutter to add memory blocks to baby or wedding shower quilts, family dinner table runners, retirement panels and more. Because this die works with your AccuQuilt Fabric Cutter, which cuts through multiple fabric layers at once, you'll quickly have a stack of perfectly cut signature blocks, all with precise edges and crisp corners. While sold separately here, you can also find the Signature Block 6" Finished Square die with a collection of other dies in the GO! Qube 12" Companion Set-Corners set. The corners companion set expands your GO! Qube Mix & Match 12" Set and includes bonus items like a cutting mat, instructional videos and a free pattern booklet.
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 10 in. x 10 in. 2 Pack (25.4 cm x 25.4 cm) Item 55203
How to Die Cut 6" Finished Signature Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- Cut a 7" strip across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 7" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 5 signature blocks across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 25 signature blocks.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Signature Block-6" Finished Square:
- The GO! Signature Block-6" Finished Square die is the perfect size to cut your own signature blocks with your favorite fabrics or out of fabric pieces from your stash.
- GO! Signature Block-6" Finished Square includes 1/4"
- seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Cut signature blocks out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Layer Cake and Fat Quarter-friendly
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.