Reiko Kato is an internationally acclaimed Japanese quilter and disciple of Yoko Saito. Her award-winning designs present a unique interpretation of American folklore with a Japanese twist. She loves country style and has adopted it to decorate her own boutique in Japan, where students gather weekly to meet and learn from this warm and talented woman.
This die cuts out two types of houses with four variations of roofs, one slant chimney, and a door. Use in conjunction withÂ GO! Trees by Reiko Kato (55388)Â to create your own little village scene. This die is perfect for applique quilts, garments, gift tags, home decor, holiday items, and so much more!
AQ Cutting Mat Required:Â GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 12 in. 2 Pack (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm) Item 255112
How to Die Cut Small Houses Shapes:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturerâ€™s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliquÃ©.Â
- House Base-Curved:Â Cut and fuse 2" x 3 1/4" rectangles. Cut 12 curved bases across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 216 curved bases.Â
- House Base-Rectangle:Â Cut and fuse 2 1/8" x 3 1/8" rectangles. Cut 12 rectangle bases across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 192 rectangle bases.Â
- Roof-Arch, Roof-Triangle & Roof-Cupcake:Â Cut and fuse 3 1/4" x 3 1/2" rectangles. Cut 12 arch, triangle or cupcake roofs across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 120 arch, triangle or cupcake roofs.Â
- Roof-Scallop:Â Cut and fuse 2 1/2" x 2 5/8" rectangles. Cut 15 scallop roofs across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 210 scallop roofs.Â
- Angled Chimney, Chimney/Window and Door/Arch:Â Place prefused scraps on blade and cut.Â Â
Why Quilters Love the GO! Small Houses Die:Â
- This die cuts out two types of houses with four variations of roofs, one slant chimney, and a door. Perfect for applique quilts, garments, gift tags, home decor, holiday items, and so much more!Â
- No template required. The GO! Trees die includes applique shapes that are typically difficult to cut by hand.Â
- Quickly and easily cut four of each pre-fused applique shape in one pass thru the cutter (fusible counts as one half layer of fabric).Â
- Cut GO! Small Houses out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, CuddleÂ® fabrics and more!Â
- A great way to use up scraps.Â
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.Â
- Charm Square-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.Â
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.Â
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.Â
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle.Â Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.Â
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.Â
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.Â
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.