Your quilts are sure to head in the right direction with this die! Making this classic block has never been easier. Plus, your quilts are sure to shine above all others!"
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 24 in. 2 Pack (15.2 cm x 61 cm) Item 55206
How to Die Cut 3-Color Star of the East Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is specially designed to cut one complete 3-color 9" block in one pass through the cutter.
- Fabric Color 1: Cut A & B together. Cut four 7 1/4" x 4" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes A and B to cut.
- Fabric Color 2: Cut two 9 7/8" x 3 5/8" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes C to cut.
- Fabric Color 3: Cut two 9 7/8" x 3 5/8" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes C to cut.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Star of the East Die:
- If you love star blocks you will be over the moon for the new GO! Star of the East Block on Board® die. AccuQuilt makes cutting the narrow diamond shapes easy. The die is designed to work with the popular GO! LeMoyne Star-9" Finished (55453) for even more design options.
- Star of the East is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut a 3-color, 9" block in one pass through the cutter.
- No foundation paper piecing! Star of the East includes 8 shapes total with 4 narrow diamonds that are difficult to cut by hand.
- Star of the East features specialized dog ears and ¼" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Star of the East includes screen-printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly
- Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt® software, you can use it to create your own Star of the East designs from their block library and cut your fabric.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.