AccuQuilt is excited to announce an improvement to the GO! Strip Cutter-2 1/2" (2" Finished) die. This upgrade is simple, yet offers users a valuable way to expand the use and versatility of their fabric cutters.
This GO! Strip Cutter will have four angled guide lines printed on the foam surface. Lines at 90-degrees, 30-degrees, 45-degrees, and 60-degrees allow quilters to cut strips into squares and several types of diamonds that can be used to make classic quilts like the Lone Star and Tumbling Blocks. These preprinted angled guide lines will make it easy to create a variety of shapes with consistent cuts that will save time and fabric. The GO! Strip Cutter Dies are hugely popular amongst quilters, and now the creative possibilities with Strip Cutter Dies are infinitely bigger
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 10 in. x 24 in. 2 Pack (25.4 cm x 61 cm) Item 255113
How to Die Cut with GO! 2 1/2" Strip Cutter Die:
- 2 1/2" Strips: Cut 8" wide strips across the width of fabric to cut three 2 1/2" strips. Position fabric on die so fold of fabric is perpendicular to cutting blades and will roll thru the cutter first. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 13 strips.
- 2 1/2" Squares: Start with a 2 1/2" strip aligning it across the die board with the 90° guide line. Fanfold into 8" widths. Cut 15, 2 1/2" squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 195 square.
- 45° Diamond-3 5/8" Cut Side Edge: Start with a 2 1/2" strip aligning it across the die board to the right side of the 45° guide line.
- 30° Diamond-5" Cut Side Edge: Start with a 2 1/2" strip aligning it across the die board to the right side of the 30° guide line.
- 60° Diamond-3" Cut Side Edge: Start with a 2 1/2" strip aligning it across the die board to the right side of the 60° guide line.
Why Quilters Love the GO! 2 1/2" Strip Cutter Die:
- Quilters love precut 2 1/2" strips (aka Jelly Rolls) because there are thousands of Jelly Roll patterns available to choose from.
- No more purchasing expensive Jelly Rolls! The GO! Strip Cutter-2 1/2" die is the perfect size to cut your own Jelly Rolls with your favorite fabrics or out of pieces from your stash.
- GO! Strip Cutter 2 1/2" includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Quilt tops come together quickly making GO! Strip Cutter-2 1/2" a great beginner piecing shape and for making quilts to keep, to gift, or for charity.
- Cut perfect 2 1/2" strips, then use the angled guide lines to cut squares and diamonds.
- Die blades are 23" long and are open at both ends to allow cutting of fabric that is still folded as it comes off the bolt.
- Cut strips out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, flannel, fleece, CuddleÂ® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.