Twists and turns have never been so fun – or so easy! September’s Die to Try is sure to have you seeing all kinds of new stars in no time. This die is only available for the month of September or while supply lasts – catch one before it whirls away!
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 24 in. 2 Pack (15.2 cm x 61 cm) Item 55206
How to Die Cut 4-Color Whirling Star Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is specially designed to cut one complete 4-color 12" block in one pass through the cutter.
- Fabric Color 1: Cut two 5 5/8" squares. Place right side up over shapes A to cut 4 shapes. Cut two 1 15/8" x 3 1/8" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes B to cut 4 shapes.
- Fabric Color 2: Cut two 5 5/8" squares. Place right side up over shapes A to cut 4 shapes.
- Fabric Color 3: Cut two 11 5/8" x 3 1/8" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes B to cut 4 shapes. Cut two 5 3/4" x 3 1/8" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes C to cut 8 shapes.
- Fabric Color 4: Cut two 5 3/4" x 3 1/8" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes C to cut 8 shapes.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Whirling Star Die:
- The new GO! Whirling Star Block on Board® die makes creating scrappy star blocks quick and easy! This traditional quilt block finishes to 12" and is very versatile, you can make a full-size Whirling Star quilt for any occasion or add a simple border to one block for a unique pillow.
- Whirling Star is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut a 4-color, 12" block in one pass through the cutter.
- No templates! No special rulers! Whirling Star includes 8 shapes that are time-consuming to cut by hand.
- Whirling Star features specialized dog ears and ¼" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Whirling Star includes screen-printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly
- Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt® software, you can use it to create your own Whirling Star designs from their block library and cut your fabric
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.