Donâ€™t be afraid of hexagonsâ€”this die has helpful notches to keep your bias in line which makes Y-seams a breeze. Fits pre-cut 10" squares. Coordinates with GO! Half Hexagon-4 1/2" Sides (55437) and GO! Equilateral Triangle-4 1/2" Sides (55429).
AQ Cutting Mat Required:Â GO! Cutting Mat, 10 in. x 10 in. 2 Pack (25.4 cm x 25.4 cm) Item 255111
How to Die Cut Hexagon Shapes:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.Â
Note:Â Dies for GO! Hexagon-9" are interchangeable with GO! Hexagon-4 1/2" Sides (55438).
- Cut 9 1/2" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 8 1/2" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut four hexagons across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 12 hexagons.Â
Why Quilters Love the GO! Hexagon Die:Â
- Donâ€™t be afraid of hexagons! AccuQuilt has updated the classic hexagon shape with helpful side notches to keep your bias in line which makes sewing the Y-seams a breeze.Â
- No templates! No special rulers! The GO! Hexagon die includes a unique shape that can be a challenge to cut by hand.Â
- GO! Hexagon-4 1/2" Sides was designed to be used with GO! Half Hexagon-4 1/2" Sides (55437) and GO! Equilateral Triangle-4 1/2" Sides (55429) for endless possibilities.Â
- Cut hexagons out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, CuddleÂ® fabrics and more!Â
- A great way to use up scraps.Â
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.Â
- Layer Cake-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.Â
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.Â
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.Â
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle.Â Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.Â
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.Â
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
My experience was great, they were there for me when I ordered my GO helped me greatly when I ordered more dies.
I have absolutely zero issues with the mats . They work as they should.
Love the GO! Gnome.
Very easy to use. Will be putting this to good use.
Excellent! Works like a charm.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.