The GO! Rag Circles lets you create a faux cathedral window pattern in a flash!Not only will you be able to cut your shapes in seconds with GO!, but this block is constructed using the "quilt as you go" method for even faster results. Use GO! Square-5" (4 1/2" Finished) (55010) to cut charm squares and GO! Square on Point-3 11/16" (3 3/16" Finished) (55106) to cut batting squares.
AQ Cutting Mat Required:Â GO! Cutting Mat, 10 in. x 10 in. 2 Pack (25.4 cm x 25.4 cm) Item 255111
How to Die Cut 6 1/2" Rag Circles:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Cut a maximum of one layer of denim, or two layers of flannel or fleece.
Note: Rag Quilt dies must be cleaned periodically to remove fabric threads. Use the GO! Die Pick (55105) to clean trapped fabric.
Tip: Itâ€™s a good idea to keep an extra cutting mat on hand for Rag Quilt dies.Â
- ONLY USE 1 LAYER OF FABRIC ON DIE
- Cut a 7" strip across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 7" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut five rag circles across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 25 rag circles.
Why Quilters Love the GO! 6 1/2" Rag Circle Die:
- Heather Banks is the pattern designer behind Inventive Denim, a company dedicated to creating quilting and sewing patterns from denim.Â
- With GO! Rag Circle-6 1/2", you can create faux cathedral window projects using a simple construction method that is â€œquilt as you goâ€.Â
- The GO! Rag Circle-6 1/2" die makes creating rag quilts even easier by saving hours of tedious hand cutting.Â
- The GO! Rag Circle-6 1/2" die features specialized dog-ears and a 1" seam allowance with 3/8" fringe for easy alignment and piecing.Â
- Rag quilts make great gifts for new babies, graduations, the holidays and more. You can change the number and size of the 6 1/2" rag circles in the quilt to make it larger or smaller.Â
- Use GO! Square-5" (55010) to cut charm squares and GO! Square on Point-3 11/16" (55106) to cut batting squares.Â
- Rag quilts are typically laundered to fully â€œbloomâ€ the fringe.Â
- Use GO! Rag Circle-6 1/2" with both new and recycled denim.Â
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Charm Square-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.Â
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.Â
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.Â
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle.Â Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.Â
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.Â
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.Â
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.