Everyone loves the soft, homey look of a rag quilt, but hand-cutting the fringe can be a pain (literally). The smart GO! Rag Square die pre-cuts the 3/4" long fringe edges with perfect 1/4" wide fringes. Simply sew the fringed rag squares together with a 1" seam allowance and you're done! Beautiful rag quilt gifts in no time!
AQ Cutting Mat Required:Â GO! Cutting Mat, 10 in. x 10 in. 2 Pack (25.4 cm x 25.4 cm) Item 255111
How to Die Cut 8 1/2" Rag Squares:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
Note:Â Rag Quilt dies must be cleaned periodically to remove fabric threads. Use theÂ GO! Die PickÂ (55105) to clean trapped fabric.
Tip:Â Itâ€™s a good idea to keep an extra cutting mat on hand for Rag Quilt dies.Â
- Advised to start with 1 layer of fabric for rag dies.Â Â
- 40" wide fabric:Â Cut 9" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 9" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 4 rag squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 16 rag squares.Â
- 60" wide fabric:Â Cut 9" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 9" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 6 rag squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 60" wide fabric cuts 24 rag squares.Â
Why Quilters Love the GO! 8 1/2" Rag Square Die:Â
- Quilters love rag quilts because they are easy to make and perfect for snuggling! The GO! Rag Square-8 1/2" die makes it even easier by saving hours of tedious hand cutting.Â
- The GO! Rag Square-8 1/2" die features specialized dog-ears and a 1" seam allowance with 3/4" fringe cut to a consistent 1/4" width for easy alignment and piecing.Â
- Rag quilt tops come together quickly making GO! Rag Square-8 1/2" a great beginner piecing shape.Â
- Rag quilts make great gifts for new babies, graduations, the holidays and more. You can change the number and size of the 8 1/2" rag squares in the quilt to make it larger or smaller.Â
- Use GO! Square-6 1/2" (55000) to cut batting squares to make rag quilts even warmer.Â
- Rag quilts are typically laundered to fully â€œbloomâ€ the fringe.Â
- Cut rag squares out of a variety of fabrics: flannels, homespun fabric, fleece, cotton, CuddleÂ® fabrics and more! â€¢ GO! Rag Square-8 1/2" is designed to work with appliquÃ© shapes that are 5 1/2" or smaller.Â
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.Â
- Fat Quarter-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.Â
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.Â
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.Â
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle.Â Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.Â
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.Â
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.Â
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.