This die cuts one scalloped or pointed edge border 21" long. The width of the strip can vary depending on your fabric placement on the die board. Apply fusible web to the wrong side of fabrics before cutting for applique quilt borders, or for layered edging for home decor and apparel projects.
AQ Cutting Mat Required:Â GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 24 in. 2 Pack (15.2 cm x 61 cm) Item 255138
How to Die Cut Scallop Border Shapes:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturerâ€™s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliquÃ©.
TIP: Scallop borders can be cut to desired length using the lengthwise grain of fabric and placing folds at the ends of the die blade.Â
- Die blade is 21" long and is open on three sides to allow varied widths and fan foldng of fabric over the die blade to cut longer borders.Â
- Four layers of fan folded fabric (with fusible web backing) can cut up to 84" of scallop or pointed borders.Â
- To cut longer lengths of each scallop or pointed border, cover die blades with fabric to your desired width size. Position fabric on die so fold of fabric is perpendicular to cutting blades.Â
- Number of cuts per one yard of fabric will vary depending on the width of the border.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Scallop Border Die:
- GO! Scallop Border cuts one scallop or pointed edge border 21" long. The width of the strip can vary as the die is designed to only cut the scalloped or pointed edge. Fan fold strip at end of blade for a continuous border strip.Â
- No template required. The GO! Scallop Border die includes two applique border shapes that are typically difficult to cut by hand.Â
- Apply fusible web to the wrong side of fabrics before cutting for appliquÃ© borders that are ready to fuse and appliquÃ©. Cut four pre-fused appliquÃ© shapes in one pass thru the cutter (fusible counts as one half layer of fabric).Â
- Easily cut borders, appliquÃ© panels or cascade layers of fabricÂ for dimension.Â
- Cut scallop border shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, CuddleÂ® fabrics and more!Â
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.Â
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.Â
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.Â
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle.Â Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.Â
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.Â
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.Â
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.