Let your creativity flower. The GO! Stems and Leaves die lets you create a whole jungle-full of flowers and vines in a flash. It precisely cuts three different stems and six sizes of leaves in a variety of shapes. Multiple layers of fabric is no problem for the razor sharp, yet ultra-safe, blades on this cutter. Use the versatile leaves as flower petals or combine stems to make them longer and cover the overlapped areas with leaves. Make a quick applique by applying fusible web to the wrong side of fabric, then cut shapes with this die.
How to Die Cut Stems & Leaves Shapes:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturerâ€™s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliquÃ©.Â
Cut strips or fabric scraps 1/2" wider than cut shape. Place folded or layered fabric on selected blade and cut. For these asymmetrical shapes, place fabric on die all in the same orientation to yield the shapes all facing the same direction. Place fabric right sides together on the die to yield pairs of shapes.
- Stems:Â Cut and fuse 2 1/2" x 8 1/8" rectangles. Cut 16 stems across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 64 stems.Â
- Leaves:Â Cut and fuse 2 1/2" x 3 7/8" rectangles. Cut 16 leaves across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 144 leaves.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Stems & Leaves Die:
- The GO! Stems & Leaves die lets you create a jungle-full of flowers and vines in a flash. It precisely cuts three different stems and six sizes of leaves in a variety of shapes.Â Â
- Use the leaves as flower petals or combine stems to make them longer and cover the overlapped areas with leaves. Designed to work with GO! floral dies to custom design your own quilted garden.Â
- No templates required. The GO! Stems & Leaves die includes nine shapes that are typically difficult to cut by hand.Â
- Quickly and easily cut four of each pre-fused applique shape in one pass thru the cutter (fusible counts as one half layer of fabric).Â
- Cut stems & leaves shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, CuddleÂ® fabrics and more!Â
- A great way to use up scraps.Â
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.Â
- Jelly Roll and Layer Cake-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.Â
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.Â
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.Â
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle.Â Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.Â
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.Â
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.Â