Hobbs Heirloom® Premium 80/20 Cotton/Poly Blend Batting is one of the most popular battings on the market, and for good reason. It offers more loft and less weight than traditional cotton batting, is durable and machine-washable, and is suitable for a variety of applications, including for use in: utility quilts, children’s quilts, charity quilts, and for quilts being given as gifts, as well as in table runners, placemats, wall quilts/hangings.
Hobbs Heirloom® Premium 80/20 Cotton/Poly Blend Batting is wonderful to quilt by hand or machine. This batting is made with a blend of 80% natural cotton and 20% fine polyester, is needle punched, and has a light resin bonding to provide exceptional strength and durability. Close quilting yields a flat, low-loft appearance, while more space between stitching lines yields a slightly higher loft.
Hobbs Heirloom® Premium 80/20 Cotton/Poly Blend Batting should be used with medium or dark fabrics. If used with light colored fabrics, unbleached cotton can slightly darken white and light or pastel colors.
Quilting/stitching should be every 4″ inches, or closer, and quilters may experience shrinkage of 3-5%.
We recommend quilters spend time learning about this product before using it on a project – making samples using this batting to see how it needles, both by hand and by machine, and how it launders provides an opportunity to see if this batting can deliver the desired results.
- Batting is not eligible for "Free Shipping" or "Standard Shipping".
- Batting ships using calculated shipping only.
- Shipping can be estimated on the Batting product pages, and the final amount will be calculated during the checkout process.
- Shipping courier can be selected at checkout.
- We ship Batting with CanPar, Loomis, UPS, FedEx and Purolator.
- We can not ship Batting to P.O. Boxes.
- Batting can be ordered for in-store pickup using the "Local Pickup" option at checkout.