Hobbs Heirloom® Premium 80/20 Black Cotton Blend Batting is highly recommended for quilts made with black or dark-colored fabrics
It is made using color-fast, dyed cotton fibers to provide quilters with a batting that not only keeps the fabric colors true, it will not create light fiber lint on the quilt top during the quilting process. Think how much time you’ll save by not having to de-lint your newly finished quilt top!
Hobbs Heirloom® Premium 80/20 Black Cotton Blend Batting is manufactured in the same manner as our Hobbs Heirloom® Premium 80/20 (Natural) Cotton/ Poly Blend Batting – it is lightly bonded and needle-punched for exceptional strength and durability and it’s machine-washable, with no worry about the black dye in the cotton bleeding.
Hobbs Heirloom® Premium 80/20 Black Cotton Blend Batting is wonderful to quilt by hand or machine. Close quilting yields a flat, low-loft appearance, while more space between stitching lines yields a slightly higher loft.
Quilting/stitching should be every 4″ inches, or closer, and quilters may experience shrinkage of 3-5%.
We recommend quilters spend time learning about this product before using it on a project – making samples using this batting to see how it needles, both by hand and by machine, how it looks under black or dark-colored fabrics, and how it launders provides an opportunity to see if this batting can deliver the desired results.
- Batting is not eligible for "Free Shipping" or "Standard Shipping".
- Batting ships using calculated shipping only.
- Shipping can be estimated on the Batting product pages, and the final amount will be calculated during the checkout process.
- Shipping courier can be selected at checkout.
- We ship Batting with CanPar, Loomis, UPS, FedEx and Purolator.
- We can not ship Batting to P.O. Boxes.
- Batting can be ordered for in-store pickup using the "Local Pickup" option at checkout.